Wednesday, August 31, 2011

corn casserole makes for good comfort food

So, tonight our small group had a Mexican theme for dinner. I volunteered to bring corn....something I thought would be quick and easy.  Since I haven't been working I thought about kicking it up a notch and found this super easy...SUPER delicious corn casserole (Paula Deen) recipe. I wanted to share it with all of you...I hope you can try it....it would especially be good if you could get some fresh corn since it's that time of year...mmmmmm.

Ingredients

  • 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained (I used Mexicorn to spice it up a little for our Mexican theme)
  • 1 (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
  • 1 (8-ounce) package corn muffin mix (recommended: Jiffy)
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
  • 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, stir together the 2 cans of corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream, and melted butter. Pour into a greased 9 by 13-inch casserole dish. Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and top with Cheddar. Return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Let stand for at least 5 minutes and then serve warm.

**Click HERE to follow a link directly to the recipe on the Food Network website if you would like.**
 

No comments:

Post a Comment