Saturday, May 21, 2011

a smoother smoothie

I have been on the search for the "perfect" smoothie recipe for years.  I have always thought there was a "smoothie rule" that ice MUST be an ingredient in each and every smoothie. My smoothies always resulted in at least one big chunk of ice and they weren't quite so "smooth".  Well....ice is now a thing of the past when it comes to my smoothies.  Here is a recipe I found in a magazine....a much smoother smoothie! 

  • 1 banana (sliced)
  • 1/4 c. fresh strawberries (sliced)
  • 1/4 c. fresh blueberries
  • 3/4 c. milk
  • 1/2 c. cranberry juice
  • 1/2 c. yogurt OR pineapple sherbert (I've tried both...didn't notice a big difference in taste)
I dump all this in my blender. Push the "blend" button for about 5-10 seconds, and it's ready to pour.

1 comment: