Friday, October 15, 2010

Look Who's Talking...hopefully!

We arrived at the hospital at 7:30 and were called back for the IUI a little after 9. Once we were called back to our room the nurse told us that all the doctors were in surgery and we would wait until one was available. She assured us it would be as soon as possible. Most of you probably don't know this, but today is the opening day of deer season...Norman was constantly looking at his watch and had the room not been so tiny he would have been pacing.I felt so sorry for him. Not too much later Dr. Houserman came in and did her magic. I had an ultrasound afterward which showed lots of good signs...hazy eggs (which means they are starting to collapse and ovulation has begun), fluid on the uterus, and "swimmers" in my lining! All good signs. Norman and I got tickled because we both kept thinking about the beginning of the movie, "Look Who's Talking". If you've seen the movie...you get the visual! Hopefully, that is EXACTLY what's going on right now except the Beach Boys aren't singing "I Get Around" in the background!

Now I am home on the couch resting and relaxing. Norman is in the woods where he will stay all weekend. Thank you for sending sweet texts to me this morning...it meant a lot. I go Wednesday (Oct. 20th) for bloodwork to make sure my progesterone level is good. If not, I will increase my dosage. On Wednesday, October 27th we will have a pregnancy test.

Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all. --Emily Dickinson

No comments:

Post a Comment