Sunday, March 27, 2011

fun, delicious recipe

I made this the other night and oh my goodness!!! It was delicious!  I just had to share.

Chicken Enchiladas with Green Salsa
You will need:
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/2 pkg McCormick Baja Citrus marinade
  • 1/4 c. diced onion
  • 1 jalapeno, diced (I left out the jalapeno b/c I don't do spicy too well right now)
  • 1/3 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese
  • 2 dashes of salt
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
  • 1 1/2 cans (7 oz) Herdez Salsa verde, divided  (Herdez is the brand name)
  • 1 can (4 oz) diced green chiles
  • corn tortillas
  • 1/2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Preheat oven to 400.  Marinate the chicken with McCormick seasoning (I marinated all day, but an hour or so will do) and grill.  Shred/dice both breasts.  Add onion, jalapeno, cream cheese, salt, cumin, and 1 can of green salsa.  Mix until creamy.  Heat 8 tortillas in the microwave for 1 minute (if you lightly spray between each tortilla with cooking spray before heating they won't stick together as bad).  Spoon mixture into tortilla and roll.  Place in 13x9 pan folded side down.  Mix chiles with 1/2 can of salsa verde (I used another whole can because I could drink the stuff).  Pour evenly on top.  Sprinkle with cheese and bake 20 minutes.  I hope you enjoy! I served with Mexican rice and black beans. Mmmm.

3 comments:

  1. YOu read my mind. I have some corn tortillas left over from a previous recipe!! I want to get rid of them!! This sounds oh so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds yummy! I will make that next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great! I love Mexican! We had beef enchiladas last week!

    ReplyDelete